Semaglutide Dosage: An Analysis of Optimal Doses for Effective Medical Weight Loss
Semaglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist that is commonly used as an adjunct to diet and exercise for adult weight loss. The recommended dose of semaglutide for weight loss varies based on the intended use, with different doses approved for once-weekly subcutaneous administration. At Nason MedSpa and Weight Loss, we find the optimal semaglutide dosage for each individual patient to achieve effective glycemic control to generate weight loss while minimizing any negative symptoms.
Semaglutide works by mimicking the actions of the GLP-1 hormone in the body. This hormone is naturally produced in the intestine and stimulates the release of insulin from the pancreas, as well as suppressing glucagon secretion, which helps to reduce blood glucose levels and promote weight loss.
Semaglutide also has other beneficial effects on the body, including reducing appetite, slowing the rate of gastric emptying, and promoting weight loss. These effects are thought to be mediated through the GLP-1 receptor in the brain and gut.
The dose of semaglutide may need to be adjusted based on the patient age, use of other weight loss medications, and BMI. By tailoring the dose to each individual patient, our weight loss team at Nason MedSpa and Weight Loss maximizes the benefits of semaglutide weight loss. We primarily base the does on severity of side effects and the effectiveness of treatment related to weight loss goals for each patient.
3 Factors Influencing Semaglutide Dosage
- Patient Age – Older patients may require a lower dose of semaglutide due to age-related changes in metabolism and kidney function. Younger patients may require a higher dose to achieve optimal glycemic control.
- Other Medications – Semaglutide may interact with other medications and/or it may be taken in conjunction with other weight loss medications such as appetite suppressants, resulting in a need for dose adjustments. Additionally, medications that affect gastric function may affect the absorption and efficacy of semaglutide. Our team reviews each patient’s medication regimen carefully and adjusts the dose as needed.
3.BMI and Weight Loss Goals – A common issue with many places administering semaglutide is to not increase the dosage enough to achieve results. At Nason MedSpa, we ensure each patient’s weight loss success by elevating dosage appropriately.
Our weight loss team at Nason MedSpa may adjust the dosage of semaglutide based on the following factors:
- Side effects – Some patients may experience side effects from semaglutide. If this occurs, the dosage may need to be adjusted to reduce the risk of adverse effects.
- Other medications – Semaglutide may interact with other medications. Adjustments to dosage may be necessary if the patient is taking other medications or supplementing with appetite suppressants.
- Response to treatment – Patients may respond differently to semaglutide treatment, so healthcare providers may need to adjust the dosage based on the patient’s individual response to treatment in order to achieve weight loss goals.
- Lifestyle factors – Lifestyle factors such as diet and exercise may also impact the effectiveness of semaglutide. In some cases, adjustments to the dosage may be necessary to account for these factors.
The bottom line is, if you have been taking semaglutide for weight loss for a full month and have not lost any weight, you probably need a higher dose. If your provider has not suggested increasing the dose, barring any obvious side effects, you may need to find a new provider.
These medications are expensive, and providing lower doses significantly increases the profit margins. Advertising extremely low prices may bring patients in, but will not lead to long term doctor/patient relationships. We want you to come in, and we want you to stay until you reach your goals.
Our prices start at $485 per month. We base this price on the recommended initial dose, with the option of doubling the dose every four weeks for the first three months as tolerated for the most effective results for our patients.
Our costs are very reasonable and competitive, but we do not approve of programs that reduce the dosage of semaglutide to improve profit margins. To start, the Nason MedSpa Weight Loss program is 485.00. The duration of therapy with semaglutide may vary depending on the patient’s response to treatment and medical history. Clinical trials have demonstrated the effectiveness of semaglutide for up to one year of therapy.
Book your consultation now with Dr. Barron Nason, MD, and Ben Moreland, PA-C. You may call or book online at www.nasonmedspa.com.